REQUEST A CALL BACK
Online NBFC Registration in India
The Companies Act of 2013 and the RBI Act of 1934 are used to gain NBFC registration. It has a tremendous impact on how our economy's financial operations are carried out. All of the standards outlined in Section 45-IA of the RBI Act, 1934 must be met in order to obtain an NBFC license.
Included in the package is a one-stop service provider for obtaining an NBFC License.
- Fintech/Traditional NBFC Credit Business Model Advisory.
- Assisting in the creation of loan products and a business plan along with nbfc registration fees.
- Based on market analysis, advice on business and marketing strategy.
- Compliance with the RBI and make rbi registered nbfc.
- Audit and secretarial compliance assistance.
- Advice on how to market digital financial services.
RBI NBFC Registration in India: Overview of NBFC Registration in India
A Non-Banking Financial Corporation, or NBFC, is a firm that is registered under the Companies Act of 2013 and regulated by the RBI. These businesses provide loans and advances, as well as stock, equity, and obligations issued by the government or any municipal government. Furthermore, NBFCs are not the same as commercial or cooperative banks. The Companies Act of 2013 and the RBI Act of 1934 are used to register NBFCs. In our economy, NBFCs play a critical role in carrying out financial functions. This business model also meets the needs of the banking sector when banks are unable to give loans and advances. Likewise, an NBFC's core business is to accept deposits under a pre-determined scheme and arrangement. The same might be done in one big sum or in installments through contributions. Furthermore, the RBI regulates and administers the workings and activities of NBFCs in accordance with the requirements of the RBI Act, 1934. No NBFC can start or run a business without first obtaining an NBFC Registration Certificate, according to Section 45-IA. The NBFC Registration Certificate can only be issued by Apex Bank. Furthermore, Apex Bank has streamlined the NBFC requirements, making it considerably easier to obtain an NBFC license than before. Legalraasta will help in and nbfc registration fees discounts and deals.
Categories of Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC): rbi registered nbfc
Deposit-taking NBFCs and non-deposit-taking NBFCs are the two primary types of NBFCs. Deposit-taking and non-deposit-taking NBFCs are further divided into two categories based on their size. Asset Finance Company, Investment Firm, Loan Company, Infrastructure Finance Company, Systemically Important Core Investment Company, Infrastructure Debt Fund, Micro Finance Institution, and Aspects are all examples of NBFCs that fall under this wide category.
Eligibility Criteria nbfc registration process
For Trademark filing or logo registration there are rules and regulations in India such as things like sound, logo, words, phrases, colors, images, symbols, etc. can be trademarked and allow every organization and individual to ask for trademark registration . Whoever thinks their logo, words, phrases need registration can apply today with LegalPillers. A trademark application or logo registration application can be made by:
- The company should be registered as a private or public limited company under the Company Act 2013 or the Company Act 1956.
- A business financial strategy should be in place for at least five years.
- A good credit rating or CIBIL score.
- A minimum of Rs. 2 crores in net-owned funds is required.
- The assets must be worth at least Rs. 200 crore.
- FEMA and capital compliance must be followed.
- A financial background should be represented by one-third of the board of directors. In India, rbi registered nbfc are subdivided:
- NBFCs that accept deposits
- NBFCs that do not accept deposits
Benefits of NBFC Registration in India : nbfc registration process
The benefits of RBI NBFC Registration are naturally different, which are as follows: -
- Provides Indigent Loan Services The NBFC provides a variety of services such as mortgage and mortgage services, retirement planning, currency exchange, financial markets, transcripts, and a variety of related activities.
- Subtitle Related ServicesNBFCs can record stocks and shares and related liabilities. Also, NBFC offers a seamless option for customers to get a quick loan.
- Last Leisure ResortNBFCs provide services where banks do not provide. NBFCs have additional benefits due to their lower costs and this in turn helps to provide cheaper loans to the customer.
- FDI approved Under the NBFC, up to 100% Foreign Direct Investment is also a wonderful benefit of its registration. The NBFCs are the largest sponsors of financial investment in the country. Also, the funding process is faster and easier compared to the Banks.
- Legal Protection to Repay CreditNBFCs are allowed to apply the SARFAESI law with a smaller loan size to repay the loan at the existing level.
- Loans to Bad DebtorsBanks often look at credit scores while providing lending services. In cases where the credit score is low, the bank rejects the loan application. However, NBFCs provide loans to people with low credit scores.
NBFC registration process: Steps to become rbi registered nbfc
- Step 1: Create a business in accordance with the Companies Act of 2013.
- Step 2: A company's net owned funds must be at least Rs. 2 crores.
- Step 3: A company must have at least one director with the same background.
- Step 4: To register as an NBFC, you must have a good CIBIL score.
- Step 5: Finally, go to the RBI's official website and fill out an application.
- Step 6: Fill up and submit an application form together with the relevant papers.
- Step 7: A CARN number will be generated once we have submitted an application form.
- Step 8: Mail a hard copy of your application to the RBI's regional branch.
- Step 9: After an application has been reviewed and validated, the company will be issued a license.
Documents Required for the nbfc registration process
There are important rbi nbfc registration documents are as follows :
- Company certification
- Company letter
- Detailed management information
- Office space documents
- Certified copy of MoA& AoA
- Properly signed list of administrator profile
- CIBIL / company credit reports must be attached
- A copy of the pig decision confirms that the company did not do the work of the NBFC and will not do anything until the RBI registration is approved.
- A “Fair Practice Code” will be approved and a certified copy of this must be submitted.
- An official treasurer's certificate stating that the company does not hold a public deposit and does not intend to do so must be submitted.
- A certificate stating the ownership fees to be submitted.
- Banking information must be provided.
- A certified copy of the bank statements and income tax returns is required.
- Information related to the company's future plan (for the next 3 years) as well as income statement, cash flow statement, and balance sheet.
- A revised balance sheet and a statement of profit and loss for the past 3 years must be submitted.
NBFC registration fees : Fees needed in nbfc registration process
The nbfc registration fees are divided into several categories, which are listed below:
- When a company is registered, it must pay a fee to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs based on its authorized capital (MCA).
- A firm must additionally pay fees for the company's MOA (Memorandum of Association) and AOA (Articles of Association) based on the permitted capital and a few other parameters.
- Filling out the Simplified Performa for Incorporating Company electronically (SPICe+) may also necessitate the payment of certain costs.
- A specified price is paid to the MCA for (DIN) Director Identification Numbers.
- For each director, a (DSC) Digital Signature Certificate is necessary, and its generation would necessitate the payment of recurring fees.
- Extra fees must be paid when submitting an application to the registrar.
Updated NBFC Management Framework : RBI NBFC Registration
On October 22, 2021, India's apex bank, namely the RBI, announced a revised regulation of non-banking finance companies to ensure better sector control. The said framework has added a few additional sections of NBFCs by looking at their work with strict rules.
The following are some of the revision's significant highlights:
- A maximum ceiling of one crore per borrower will be set for funding an IPO subscription.
- As indicated below, the regulatory framework will be divided into four layers:
- Non-deposit taking NBFCs with assets of Rs 1000 crores make up the base layer.
- Middle Layer-Comprises all deposit-taking and non-deposit-taking NBFCs with assets of Rs 1000 crore or higher.
- Upper Layer-On the basis of asset size, this layer includes the top 10 qualifying NBFCs.
- Top Layer-The top layer will remain an entity and will only be populated if the apex bank determines that specific NBFCs in the upper layer are posing a significant increase in possible systemic risk. In this case, the NBFCs will make their way to the top layer.
- The NOF will be Rs 2 crores in the case of NBFC AA, NBFC P2P, and NBFCs without public financing and no end-user interface.
- By March 2026, all NBFCs must identify loans that have been overdue for more than ninety days as Non-Performing Assets, and loans that have been overdue for greater than 150 days as Non-Performing Assets by March 2024.
RBI's powers over NBFCs
The RBI's authority over NBFCs in India can be summarised as follows:
- It governs the NBFC registration process, establishes policies, and offers directives to NBFCs.
- It inspects and monitors NBFCs to see if they are abiding by the RBI Act of 1935.
- It penalises NBFCs who break the RBI Act's rules, and it can result in the NBFC's licence being revoked or suspended.
Punishment for Failure to Comply with RBI Regulations
In India, the RBI has the authority to fine an NBFC for breaking the RBI Act's restrictions. The following are some of the penalties for not registering NBFC with RBI:
- If a company operates without first acquiring an NBFC license, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) can levy a punishment of not less than Rs 1 lakh, which can be increased to Rs 5 lakh or twice the amount involved in the infringement, whichever is higher.
- If a firm operates without first acquiring an NBFC license, the company's directors may be sentenced to up to one year in prison.
- If the defaulting company continues to operate, the RBI may levy a fine of up to Rs 25000 per day after the first day of default; in the case of any other violation, the RBI may levy a fine of up to Rs 5000.
- If an NBFC does to follow the NCLT's (National Company Law Tribunal) directives, it faces a maximum sentence of three years in prison and a fine of up to Rs 50 per day for as long as non-compliance persists.
- A punishment of up to Rs 5000 could be imposed on an auditor who fails to follow any guidance or guideline issued by the Reserve Bank of India.
Difference between NBFCs and Banks
|Meaning||NBFCs provide banking services to people without holding Bank license||Bank is a government authorized financial intermediary which aims at providing banking services to the public.|
|Regulated Authority||Companies Act 2013 & RBI Act, 1934||Banking Regulation Act 1949|
|Demand Deposit||NBFCs cannot accept demand deposits||Banks can accept demand deposits|
|Foreign Investment||In case of NBFCs, foreign investment is 100% allowed||Foreign investment is allowed up to 74% for private sector banks|
|Payment & Settlement System||Not a part of system||Integral part of the system|
|Maintenance Of Reserve Ratios||Not required in case of NBFCs||Banks have to maintain reserve ratios|
|Deposit Insurance Facility||Not Available||Available|
|Credit Creation||NBFCs do not create credit.||Banks create credit|
|Transaction Services||NBFCs cannot provide transactions services||Banks provide transaction services|
Why choose Legalpillers NBFC Registration in India?
Legalpillers is a well-known name in the non-banking financial services industry. Our well-established legal practice in India has assisted a large number of entrepreneurs, businesses, investors, retail dealers, and other persons and entities in obtaining a quick and accurate NBFC Registration. Our RBI NBFC Registration services include expert advice, filing the nbfc application, preparing necessary documents, obtaining requisite approvals from the relevant government agencies, and offering strict litigation for the highest suitable and rapid NBFC Registration, on behalf of individuals and entities located throughout India and abroad. Hire chartered accountants for company registration services,NBFC documentation and submission with Legalpillers. We will give nbfc registration fees at discounted prices and make you rbi registered nbfc.
Frequently Asked Questions
REQUEST A CALL BACK
Know About Our Details
Why Choose Us?
Most Reliable Platform For Start-Ups Which Renders A Wide Range of Business Solution In Economical Budget.
Dedicated CA/ CS Support
Same day processing
Unlimited phone and email support
My Account Dashboard.
No Hidden Charges
One Stop solutions
100% Client satisfaction